Working Innovated Noble Great Students
Tipton Elementary offers a pull-out program for students who have been identified as gifted for students in grades 2-6. We meet on Friday mornings working in the computer lab on the school newsletter and various projects that involve the students working in more depth with technology and creative reasoning.
The Gifted Association of Missouri is a statewide organization of teachers, administrators, and parents with the mission of promoting quality programming for gifted learners. To learn more about this organization and its activities, go to www.mogam.org.
Characteristics of Gifted Learners
There will be differences in the characteristics of or behaviors exhibited by gifted children. Some common characteristics of gifted students are:
- Superior reasoning powers
- Persistent intellectual curiosity
- Wide range of interests
- Marked superiority in quality or quantity of written and/or spoken vocabulary
- Reads avidly and absorbs books well beyond his or her years
- Learns quickly and easily and retains what is learned
- Shows insight to arithmetical problems that require careful reasoning and grasps mathematical concepts readily
- Has a keen sense of humor
- Sets high standards for self
Visit our project page to see how W.I.N.G.S. students stay busy!
If you have any questions about the Tipton R-VI gifted program.
Please contact: Karla Wood at email@example.com